Thursday 5 May 2016

Evaluation Question 7- progression from preliminary task to the main task

When working on my preliminary piece I was working in a different group and it contained more people. In my opinion I have learned a lot since my preliminary task was filmed. I feel like I learned more about camera angles, shots and movements. In my main task I filmed for different angles from my preliminary task. This was because I wanted show that my skills had been developed and to make the film look better.




My preliminary task was edited in a very beginner style. I had never used the software before so I was getting used to it whilst using it. Therefore my main task was edited to a higher standard since me and Eve both understood how to use the software more. For example, my main task had dissolve filters between clips, it had been through some colour correction and it had music in the background. This was quite a jump from my preliminary task which was a rather basic piece compared to the main task.




I found it easier to handle the preliminary task as there wasn't as much pressure put on it and my group got it filmed quite quickly despite some filming location malfunctions. We were pretty delayed when it came to putting our film through the editing process. We gave ourselves enough time to edit the footage but it didn't quite go to plan. This delayed us, making mine and Eve's film the last one to be uploaded to the school's YouTube page.




Although I feel like the majority of my skills had improved from the preliminary task and moving onto the main task, I still feel as though I lacked some of the other skills needed such as time management and motivation. However, I believe that my main task is a huge improvement from my preliminary task because of the change of style and technique.

No comments:

Post a Comment